Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November: National Adoption Month

"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much."

Adoption is hard. Beautiful, yes; miraculous, yes; wonderful, yes. But hard. And not just for parents or families who are waiting, seeking, and hoping to adopt. It is hardest for those precious birthmoms. Take a moment (or better yet, many moments!) this month and celebrate birthmoms. Those priceless women! The ones who make families like mine possible! Love them, pray for them, honor them.  We have one beautiful, courageous birthmom, about whom we think often and pray for daily. We pray she finds joy in knowing her children are safe and happy. And we pray she will be proud of the people we are raising them to be.

And so, in November, I'm trying to share more about adoption. Truth be told, it will probably just be my random thoughts that I'll somehow try to tie into adoption. But I want those of you who aren't directly involved in adoption to gain a better picture of what we who ARE directly involved deal with, grow from, and rejoice in when it comes to this wild and wonderful thing we call adoption. We are just normal people on an extraordinary journey, which changes us and molds us into the people God wants us to be. And it's hard. It hurts. But it's beautiful, and it brings joy. This is adoption. This is our life.

2 comments:

  1. Mary,
    You have a way with words! I absolutely LOVE this:
    "We are just normal people on an extraordinary journey, which changes us and molds us into the people God wants us to be. And it's hard. It hurts. But it's beautiful, and it brings joy. This is adoption. This is our life."
    Love you!
    Sheyann

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated by me before they show up here! If you want me/us to read the comment, but no one else, just say so in your comment. :)