Monday, April 18, 2011

Song of my heart

“A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you
when you have forgotten the words.”


I've had that quote stuck in my head for about a week now. It reminds me of my mom. She was so great at singing the song in my heart. She used to say (and my dad still says), "I love your heart." I always loved that phrase. I love your heart. I know you right down to the very heart of who you are, and I love you anyway. I love what motivates you. I love your fears and weaknesses. I love the very innermost part of you, not just what you put out there for the world to see. 

See? Pretty great, right? Well...I have pretty great folks, what can I say? ;)

Seriously, though. I have come to the realization that I have so many friends singing. I think I take you for granted sometimes. But please know that I do love you and appreciate your support through this crazy adoption journey! Thanks to the friends at work to listen to me whine about it. Thanks to my adoption ladies who assure me I'll survive it. And thanks to my family who shares it with me. I love you all! I hope I sometimes sing back at you. Adoption is hard...life is hard...and sometimes you just need reminding of who you are and what you're doing. 

Song of the day: It reminds me of my mom. Oh, how I miss her.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBgJ8i5wx10


4 comments:

  1. Miss Mary,
    You'll never know how loudly you've sung me into happiness! I often wonder how you can keep such a positive focus! You are so kind and welcoming to so many. You inspire me constantly and always seem to know my unsung words! You're just the best.
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I need a song, I always think of you. You are a song, Mary, a song, and I'm glad that although we've never met, you know my heart. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog :) Come take a look at mine? :) x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated by me before they show up here! If you want me/us to read the comment, but no one else, just say so in your comment. :)