Thursday, August 11, 2011

Where you invest your love...

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

I kind of started this post with a journal entry on Cafemom, but I wanted to expand on it since it's still kicking around in my head. So, forgive me if it sounds familiar.

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I treasure...the things I put the most value in. Family, friends, my relationship with my Heavenly Father...all these things are on the top of the list; but what things at the bottom of the list are robbing me of time for the things at the top of the list? Does my list too often get turned upside down so the least important things are given the most value? I know it happens; I think it happens to all of us.

I'm not here to say how we should all be living our lives. What works great for me isn't going to work at all for someone else, and vise verse. Maybe what I'm getting at is that I'm trying to be better. I've been "just getting along" for a long time, and now I'm taking a good look around, at my life and how I'm living it and thinking some things have got to go, and some things have gone that I didn't mean to let get away. I wrote not too long ago about change; life can change on a dime...but when we try to change ourselves, it takes a lot of work. I think I'm finally ready to get at that job again.

What about you, readers? What have you been trying to do better or improve on/at?

Ah, and the song of the day: "In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die. Where you invest your love, you invest your life." (Mumford & Sons, Awake My Soul)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated by me before they show up here! If you want me/us to read the comment, but no one else, just say so in your comment. :)