Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pieces of my heart

I've been missing my mom so much it hurts. I always miss her. I will always miss her. A wise friend told me once, "The heart break doesn't go away, but it gets easier to breathe." So true. I still feel like I'm picking up the pieces of my shattered heart, even though I know the piece labelled "MOM" will always be missing.

So, here's a song for those of us with missing pieces. Pieces labelled "Baby Boy" or "Mom" or "My Little Girl." Maybe even "Biological siblings" and "Birthmom."  Here's to the courageous people who still walk on, even though it's hard and we feel sad, insecure and flawed. You're not alone. We all feel like weeping, we all have little shards of our hearts somewhere out there. While I sincerely believe we are supposed to find joy in our journey, I also believe that enduring sadness and heartbreak help us to find that joy...and help us share that joy with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated by me before they show up here! If you want me/us to read the comment, but no one else, just say so in your comment. :)