Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tree hunting day!

A few years ago, we decided we would rather go up into the mountains and cut our own Christmas tree. We've made it a tradition. It is, on the whole, a lot of fun. Lizzie especially had fun this year, running around after Andy. Here's the day in pictures. Enjoy!

First, breakfast at Perkins! 

"Yes, I AM the cutest thing you've ever seen!"

"I'm too handsome to be cute."

Then it was off to the mountains! We took Old Dog with us. She hasn't had much chance to be out and about with the family lately, so I thought this might be fun for her. She disagreed. 

"I'm not talking to you!"


Lovin' every minute of it!

I refrained from singing 'The Sound of Music.'

Snow angels!


Aw!

Yes, yes. You ARE handsome and wonderful!!

Shelly is ready to go home!
A wonderful time was had by all (except Nate, who kept saying it was "boring"...where have I gone wrong with that kid?). I love being in the profound silence of the mountains. Time loses its meaning, and I find myself at peace among God's creations. Until Nate yells, "I have snow in my boot!" 

Hope y'all are having fun with your own holiday traditions! Do feel free to share what they may be. :)

Today's song:

"If you feel discouraged
When there's a lack of color here
Please don't worry lover
It's really bursting at the seams
Absorbing everything
The spectrum's a to z"

Remember...our view of life is so limited. You never know when your black and white view will burst into vivid, beautiful color! Such is life...such is adoption. Never take any of it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated by me before they show up here! If you want me/us to read the comment, but no one else, just say so in your comment. :)