Friday, January 13, 2012

Express yourself

I've been coming back to this blog all evening, sitting here and looking at the blank page. I don't know what I want to write, but I find myself wanted to express...something. It brings to mind one of my favorite movie lines: "A happy person is someone who EXPRESSES their feelings. Express, not repress." Well, if I could put my finger on it, I'd spill it all out here for all to see and go about my life, much happier for having done so. As it is, I sit here in cyber space crying, "Hear me, hear me!" but I can't find my message. I feel locked in my own head, trapped by the thoughts swirling and whirling around.

I should probably just shut up and delete this post. But...on the other hand...maybe there are others out there who feel the same way. Maybe knowing someone else feels confused and a little lost will give them the courage to find their words and express themselves. So...go! Speak! Words can be hard (trust me, I know--I'm a writer, and they're still hard for me!), but the search is worthwhile. Borrow them, sing them, scream them, write them. Just get 'em out there.



"This is your life, this is your time..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated by me before they show up here! If you want me/us to read the comment, but no one else, just say so in your comment. :)