Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Life is a winding road

Looking at yesterday's post, I realize it may convey that I'm super depressed or something. I'm not. We are just at one of those forks in the road. As the scripture says, "Be still and know I am God." I'm trying very hard to be still and breathe...and listen to God. I'm not exactly sure where this new path will take us and we're at that point in journey where everything is unknown and you don't know what's around the bend...but you're pretty excited to find out!



I've decided to go back to school and change my professional field. If all goes well, I'll be starting classes in April (cross your fingers that I get into my program!) and heading off into a new career come summer. WOW! It is scary and exciting and entirely uncharted territory. Andy and I feel confident that this will be a good change for our family, but you just never know what kind of storms you'll encounter along the way, you know?

Maybe I should be HOPING for storms?

I am reminding myself, while I'm breathing and trying to be still (so, so hard for me!) that life is about learning to dance in the rain, finding joy in the journey. And, at some point, you reach a point where you've thought and prayed and done everything you can, and all that's left is to breathe, like the song says. All you can do is keep breathing. We are trying to be thoughtful, prayerful, and wise in this new venture so your added prayers (cuz you don't pray for us enough, right?) are deeply appreciated.

And here's something...just for fun...






1 comment:

  1. Way to go on following a new path, starting a new journey. Will keep you in my thoughts as you set forth on such an awesome new beginning. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated by me before they show up here! If you want me/us to read the comment, but no one else, just say so in your comment. :)