Tuesday, November 1, 2011

National Adoption Month

So, it's National Adoption Month, once again. I've been pondering what to do to "celebrate" this year. Usually, I just try to up my number of posts and strive to address adoption in each one, rather than whatever random thing is on my mind. This year, I am going to try to do a song a day for each day of November. And each song will remind me (or one of my friends...or one of you, my readers) about adoption. It could be the whole song; it could be one lyric, but something will make me think about adoption in that song. I may or may not explain my choices. We'll see. And, by all means, feel free to suggest your favorite songs that remind you of adoption.

Okay, here we go. First up: "Only You can Love Me This Way" by Keith Urban. "I know there's a reason; and I know there's a rhyme. We were meant to be together, and that's why we can roll with the punches; we can stroll hand in hand. And when I say it's forever, you understand..."  Yeah, you couldn't describe my feelings about family and adoption any better. We know Nate and Lizzie were supposed to be with us...we are SUPPOSED to be together as a family. We are so grateful that God brought us all together through adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated by me before they show up here! If you want me/us to read the comment, but no one else, just say so in your comment. :)