Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Each life that touches ours...

I learned of a dear friend's death today. She was one of those quiet, good people who drew others in and loved them in such a way that they were reminded of our Heavenly Father's love. I will forever cherish the memories I have of her and her dear husband, who passed several years ago. They were the grandparents I never had. They came to my graduation, remembered my birthdays, and attended my wedding. The last time I saw her (regretfully, a few years ago), she was talking about her husband and missing him so much; I know it is with great joy that she is reunited with him.

Colleen: A gentle soul, a beautiful heart, a treasured friend.

So, a song for my dear friends, past and present. Thank you for touching my life and making me better.


Each life that touches ours for good

Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love.

What greater gift dost thou bestow,

What greater goodness can we know
Than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

When such a friend from us departs,

We hold forever in our hearts
A sweet and hallowed memory,
Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee.

For worthy friends whose lives proclaim

Devotion to the Savior’s name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness, Lord, above.

Text: Karen Lynn Davidson, b. 1943. © 1985 IRI

Music: A. Laurence Lyon, b. 1934. © 1985 IRI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated by me before they show up here! If you want me/us to read the comment, but no one else, just say so in your comment. :)