Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Ah, a fresh new year. A time for new beginnings, new hopes, new dreams and goals. Do you make resolutions? I've stopped making resolutions a couple years ago. I figure I'll just do the best I can, each and every day. Some days the best I can do is awesome...sometimes not so awesome. But I still try.

You can only do what you can do, my mom used to say. Seems like I've been wishing I could do more lately. Spend more time with my kids, make more money at my job, grow more spiritually, be a better wife. Is it just me? Anyone else not feeling good enough, smart enough, etc? Gee, I wish I could remember how awesome I am, all the time! I wish I WAS awesome all the time. But, we're all of us human.

So, maybe in addition to trying my best, I will also forgive myself more often. Give myself a break when I fall short of my own expectations.

Sounds like a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated by me before they show up here! If you want me/us to read the comment, but no one else, just say so in your comment. :)