Thursday, December 29, 2011

An update from us

Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on my last post. It is certainly nice to have this blog to vent on when I need to. So often, I just let issues roll off my back rather than voicing my opinion; I figure if someone wants my input, they'll ask for it. But, since I was directly confronted about that issue on an adoption forum and dismissed as clueless and unwilling to face the harsh realities of adoption, I really needed to blow off some steam. Thank you for your kind words and thoughtful responses.

It has been a lazy week here at the Boyle house. I'm not sure my sleep schedule will ever recover from the Christmas weekend. Lizzie had a hard time sleeping at Grandma's house, so I got to stay up with the little insomniac. Note to self: 2 hours of sleep a night is not optimum for Mommy. I've been trying to catch up ever since we got home. *yawn*

We decided to give Nate a special treat and let him stay at Grandma's for the week. He'll be coming home on Saturday. I have missed my sweet boy, but I hope he is having tons of fun and enjoying his break. He is such a little man, he really did need to just cut loose and be a 9-year-old kid.

Anyone have fun plans for New Years? Any resolutions? I think Andy and I have a date with pizza and wings that night...and a DVD. We're a wild bunch around here, can't you tell? Not sure if we'll let Nate stay up or not. Last year, he fell asleep around 10 p.m. heeheehee. And he's sure to be tuckered out when he gets back. We shall see!

Can't believe another year is gone. Where does the time go? I don't know if this year will bring our missing kid(s) home...or if they're ever coming home. Adoption is unpredictable, just like life. We continue to hope and pray that we will find the little spirits meant for our family. You never know what's right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated by me before they show up here! If you want me/us to read the comment, but no one else, just say so in your comment. :)