Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sunrise, sunset

Just another day around the Boyle house. Ran around town with Young Dog sticking her head out the window of the Jeep. Went swimming with Lizzie's Kindergarten class (Wow, that's a lot of work!). Fed the kids, played with the kids, kissed the kids, tickled the kids.

Didn't think any deep thoughts about adoption except that I wished a situation would work out for us. This is the last year we're trying, so the clock is ticking down toward homestudy expiration in September. Not real sure how to feel about that, to be honest. Some days I'm glad, some days really sad. For almost six years, we've been striving to add to our family, feeling that someone was missing . . . but we've come to a point where we feel we really and truly have done everything we can to find and bring that someone home. That brings some peace . . . but then there's the days I just long for another child . . . and then the days where I'm so completely happy with (or run ragged by, lol) the two I have I can't imagine adding another kid into the mix.

Whatever happens happens, if it's supposed to work out it will, let go and let God, it is what it is, it's all part of a plan . . . I've heard it all; I've SAID it all. But, really. I'm good. We'll be okay . . . cuz . . . we're us. And we always find a way to be okay, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated by me before they show up here! If you want me/us to read the comment, but no one else, just say so in your comment. :)