Friday, November 6, 2009

Mom update

News on the cancer front. Turns out, the cancer isn't back. The pathologist read the biopsy wrong. Um. Oops. Thanks for week from hades, geek boy. Anyway, she does have a sore in her throat. Her body has actually killed the tissue in a small area of her throat. They will treat by placing my mom through a series of visits to a hyper-barik (However you spell it) chamber, where they hope infusing her body with super O2-rich air will jump start the growth of new blood vessels in the area and regenerate the tissue. Sounds like something out of Sci-fi, doesn't it? It is reassuring that this is something the drs have seen before.

More news as I get it.

Also, I feel the need to once again remind everyone that we need your help in our adoption efforts. Your prayers and thoughtful discussion of adoption to those around you are vital. I don't know who the Lord wants us to bring home, but I know He expects us (and you) to keep searching! If nothing else, you will plant the seeds of adoption in those around you and encourage them to educate themselves. November is National Adoption Awareness Month, so let's make those around us aware of adoption and what a loving, selfless act placing a baby is! You'd be surprised how many people view adoptive parents as having "stolen" a baby. We do not steal babies! We do not buy babies! We are loving, caring people who want to love and cherish a child. No one can tell me that my kids would be better off with their birthmother. That simply isn't true. If you have questions about adoption or know someone who does, please don't hesitate to ask me! The adoption process in America is pretty messed up right now, but there are still good people striving to help the children by placing, adopting, or facilitating an adoption.

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated by me before they show up here! If you want me/us to read the comment, but no one else, just say so in your comment. :)